Saturday, March 12, 2011

Getting to know who YOU are

The last couple of weeks have been long and hectic. Have been in 4 different provinces in the past 2 weeks for a variety of reasons. But between work and a mum and me trip, I have spent a lot of time planning, organising and figuring out my workouts (when and where to fit them in), my food (What and how to take it), and my life (making sure the necessary stuff got done). I have spent a ton of time with people that I didn't know and some that I know well. And one person that I thought I knew best....Me.
In all my travels, my constant companion was myself. Its crazy how time to yourself really makes you think and figure out what is important to you and why. I have spent a lot of time in the last couple of weeks thinking about my life, who is in it, what's in it, what I want and where I want to be in the future. I thought about why I do what I do and why I continue on. My answers changed everyday of why I do my workouts and follow my nutritious way of eating. But there was something in common with all of my answers and it all came back to me.

I do this because I like to, I want to have a passion and a goal, I do better in all other areas of my life when I get up and work out compared to 5 years ago when I didn't. I am a  happier person all the way around and actually a lot more pleasant and positive *smile* to be around when I eat right and get in a good good good workout.

I bought a car when in Calgary so my mum and I drove back following each other in separate cars, and we were texting back and forth (shhhhhh). She said something to me that stuck after I told her that I had been thinking about things. She said in life, the most important thing, is liking yourself.

You know what? I absolutely love myself, faults and imperfections and all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment