Monday, February 14, 2011

Trust

Lots of things are going on in my life right now, starting a new aspect
of my career in addition to my current job, a promotion without the pay
if you will. I have taken on another roommate in my home and am getting
adjusted to the new sights, smells and extra $ it costs to have him
around. Living with 2 boys is much better then living with 2 girls
though! Have a BF that is fairly new (only 6 months into our
relationship) and getting used to being able to communicate my thoughts
on what I want to do and having to work with another person, rather then
just doing what I want when I want. I have also started a new
diet/exercise program recently, lots of new stuff happening!
What do all of these things have in common...the need for trust. I trust
that my new position will give me confidence in public speaking and that
it will help me develop skills to further my career. I trust that having
another roommate will have many pro's that will outweigh the con's, like
paying of my mortgage faster! I trust that having and maintaining my new
relationship will help me to grow and that I will learn new things and
gain companionship. And lastly I trust that my new program will help me
get closer to my goals.
As I have said before, I am working with TC and I have put my trust in
her. Exercise wise, the program is different then what I was doing. Its
great because its re-charged my passion of working out. My old program,
though I changed up the exercises, really didn't change....I did 3 sets
of this, 3 sets of that, no cardio/ weights together and it got bland. I
thought that what I was doing was good, but failed to see any results
after a while. I would change the exercises but no visible results
occurred. With this program I feel stronger, excited, pumped about doing
it! I look forward to going to the gym again, and if nothing else that's
a bonus!
The nutrition aspect is drastically different as well. completely
different! Since I lost my weight, I have always paid attention to what
I eat. I always plan the next days meal, have them packaged and ready to
go, have spare healthy food in my purse for those "just-in-case"
moments, never stocked my cupboards with anything that I knew I couldn't
control myself around (CHIPS!). This helped me get to where I am, above
average healthy, in good athletic shape and a healthy weight. But it
didn't get me to where I know I want to be. In the best shape that I
possible can be in! No Muffin top! So I have also taken on a new way of
dieting (side note, I hate the word diet! I believe in lifestyle change
:) ) I am working with TC to see what works for my body to get rid of
those last 10 or so lbs (another side note: I hate the scale and don't
really care what it says, I believe more in the image in the mirror!)
and this called for big changes to my eating habits. 
I trust that eating at night, healthy delicious snacks, is good for me.
Its the choices we make, I have found out, that make the difference. A
certain time of day does NOT determine the # on the scale. I trust that
upping my fat intake will not make me fat, but actually boost my
'fat-burning factory!", I trust that the macros I have been given are
specific to me and that they will take me to where I want to go, even if
it is different and out side of my comfort zone! And though it is scary
to me, I trust TC when she says that a re-feed is what I need :) So
tonight, on V-Day, while my BF is trying to pay attention to the movie,
Ill be quietly munching away on all my delicious carbs that before to me
would have been a big ol' NO NO! It'll actually be nice to have a treat
at a movie...its been a while :)
 
So question to you, in what or who do you trust and why?

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck with all the new changes in your life and your new fitness program. Thanks for the advice on online training, really appreciate it. I trust my family and friends but at the moment, I trust myself and listen to my gut and instinct. I think it's telling me to make some changes to my fitness and kick it up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouhou||| another bloger... I'll catch up on the past few days tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Chouka! Glad to see you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan, I just saw your comment now. Im glad I can help and I hope that you fulfill your goals. It feels soooo good when you see progress that YOU put the work in for! And again feel free to ask me anything

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all the recent changes in you and your surroundings, I hope you'll be able to adjust to that and always be positive in every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete