Monday, February 7, 2011

Blogger Virgin!

Well folks, I've finally decided that I can't keep all my thoughts cooped up in my head so I'm going to share them all with you :) Aren't you lucky??? I want this blog to be focused on fitness and nutrition, 2 of my biggest passions! I love to workout, both cardio and with weights. I love to challenge my body daily and to keep it guessing of what its going to to next. I believe that 90% of what we look like is directly related to what we put in our mouths - good thing that I absolutely love to cook, a true foodie. I love grocery shopping, cooking, baking and experimenting! I plan on sharing plenty of fabulous delicious recipes with you....that are healthy!! YES, healthy food is delicious.

Currently I am working with an online trainer, TC. This is new to me, 5 days new actually. I have worked out steady (5-6 days/week) for the past 3-4 years and have come a long long way! Ill post pics soon. I have lost a lot of fat and replaced it with muscle but am now at a stand still results wise and have been for a while. I am very proud of what I have accomplished thus far and can't wait to see where I can go from here. I have wanted to get to a higher level and have decided to seek advice. Which was tough, I am competitive and driven and sometimes its tough to ask for help. What made it easy was when I learned that even trainers have trainers. Its that extra input, those unbiased opinions, the knowledge that makes it worth while the extra help that gets you to that next level! My experience so far has been 100% positive. TC has created a plan for me that was quite different from what I was doing and exactly what my body needs. I have loved the different workouts - much more intervals, supersets and added cardio. And my body has loved it to. In the short time I can tell that its responding positively as I have felt muscles that I haven't felt in a long time and i have been working out so much!

A question I am going to leave you with, Do you work with a trainer or not and what are the reasons for your decision?

4 comments:

  1. hi!!! its me, gfraast from the m&f forums ;-) i followed your link from there - great that you are a blogger now too! i'm curious already what you'll write and will follow you for sure!! have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gfraast! Awesome, Im glad you found it!! I hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from the muscle and fitness hers link. I was wondering how you were finding the online personal training? Would love to do online training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Susan!
    I am actually really loving it. I find that it really fits my lifestyle as I know that I am motivated to go to the gym on my own and don't need someone to count out my reps for me, but I do appreciate the help planning and organising my fitness and nutrition goals and giving me experianced input on how to get there. I find that communication is key, so its important to pick someone that meets YOUR needs, and you feel comfortable with telling your faults as well as your strenths to. TC really helps me out, works with what is available to me and encourages me! I looked around for quite a bit and that helped me choose someone that I felt had the same goals as me, for me and had high achievable expectations for me. If you feel comfortable enough to be able to take constructive critisism, and have the drive to execute a plan on your own (though you should get tons of support from your on-line trainer as well), then I say go for it! Def kit me up with any specific questions if you like as well!

    ReplyDelete