Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy belated St Patricks Day (written yesterday, posted late)

My roommate is a young Irish lad ( people always laugh when I use that word but somehow it's made its way into my vocabulary) and this is his first St. Patrick’s Day in Canada! He immigrated here in August and has lived with me since December. Great guy, accent is a bit thick at times but pretty much one of the best roommates a girl can ask for. I wanted to make him feel more at home so I when I was leaving for my spin class this morning at 6am, I snuck a few St. Patrick Day surprises by his door. When he saw the beer, in typical Irish fashion, he asked, is there only one?


Spin class this morning was awesome, new instructor, new music – different routines. I do spin class twice a week so getting a switch up is awesome. Kinda revives the interest and makes you work that much harder. I have been going to spin class now for approximately 2 years and still love it. It’s partly the organization of it; I have a hard time doing cardio on my own so being in a class holds me accountable. When I am not there, it’s noticed and other classmates ask me where I was. It’s also a timed event, so I am sure to get in a certain amount of exercise. I find I can talk myself out of Cardio pretty quickly if I let myself, even if I get to the gym. How many of you are enrolled in some classes that your gym offers? Are your reasons similar?


Tonight I am heading back to the gym for my weights work out. This is not the usual but I have decided to head to my parents place for the weekend and although I can do cardio out there, sprints or running, there is no gym to get my weight routine in. I don’t feel right about not doing it so I figure this is the best option. I find it tough to make it back once I have already been there for the day but know I will feel accomplished once I get it all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment