Wednesday, March 16, 2011

No Body's Happy til Momma's Happy

How true is that? If you are not happy with things such as your life, your job, your friends, your workouts, your hobbies etc, then how can the people around you be? If you don’t truly know yourself and love yourself, then how can anyone else? Many people that I know, get in to a cycle of trying to find happiness in other things or people and rely on them to be happy that they don’t truly know what they like or what they are interested in. I have been there, guilty as the rest as I spent many years of my life trying to ‘fit’ in. But do you know where that got me...no where!

I am not sure what changed or when it changed. There is no specific time that I can pinpoint and say, “This is when I started being me”. Nope, I think I just evolved. But there is one thing that I do know. I started to evolve when I started taking care of me first. When I started going to the gym, working out, eating better, caring how I looked AND felt. The gym adds strength not only to the body but to a person’s character. I am a prime example of this and a firm believer. If you don’t like something, CHANGE IT!

I know that many people think that I go to the gym to work on my body, to lose weight, to work on my vanity....but these are the people that don’t really know me. Do I care what they think? Nope! I may have gone to the gym and eaten better in the past for these reasons but now it’s more about the whole package. Not only is it about looking better it’s about feeling better. It’s about caring for my body, both inside and out. It’s about making sure that my mind is active – I read and research various theories of thought; it’s about making sure that I stay positive - If I don’t get in regular exercise, I notice drastic changes in my moods (and not for the better); It’s about making me strong, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well; it’s about making sure that I take ME time out of each and every day and that is essential to living a long and health life. There are so many positives of caring for one’s self that I struggle to see the negatives.

Since I have worked so hard, and become so involved in fitness, I have decided to become a personal trainer. I help and assist majority of people that I know already, whether it be with diet or exercise, people come to me with questions all the time and so many people ask me why I haven’t’ done it already. Well, I can’t answer that question, I guess like everything else timing has to be right and it is now. This is for me. Not for anyone else. Just me. And you know what? I am perfectly happy about that

No comments:

Post a Comment