Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why the opposition?

Just a little rant here.....yesterday the manager of the kitchen at the radisson hotel in Saskatoon and I went over what I can and can't eat. He knew 2 weeks before I came here what foods were allowed and which I couldn't. I requested a meal plan that followed what a diabetic could eat, simple enough you would think. As there are other members of the conference that I am attending have dietary needs, the host of this conference choose the radisson as they claim to be able to accommodate all dietary needs.
Well this does not seem to be the case. Monday they had me confused with having celiac's. The host spoke to the kitchen and re-gave them my list of allowable foods. Tuesday they prepared me nothing. When the host spoke to them again, they said that they weren't aware of my needs??? What??? So why did you try feeding me flourless bread on Monday??? Why did we give you the list of foods yet again??? So they quickly came up with chicken breast and veggies.
Then felt the need to approach a few of my co-workers and discuss my diatary needs in a negative manner. Such lack of professionalism!
And today I received a scoop of bland tuna on 1 lettuce leaf. Yupp, that's right. One scoop of tuna on lettuce. Huge sign of disrespect, lack of professionalism and just a spiteful thing to do. You better believe that the manager will be spoke to about this tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment