Thursday, February 10, 2011

Resisting Temptations

Isn't the day past hump day great? For the most of us it signals that the end of the work week is near, the weekend is in sight and the alarm clock won't need to be set. I love Thursdays! Well most Thursdays anyway. At my work when we have staff events to celebrate such as new babies, marriages, retirements etc the office holds a pot luck. In my larger days this was a heaven for me! Cream puffs, cookies, platters of everything you could think of and more! I would be right in there like white on rice! I would even organise these large elaborate events.
Today at work was one of these events. The social committee held a pot luck to recognise that one of our colleagues was leaving the office to go to another position. A potluck was organised and planned, a cake was bought, there was chips, dips, cream puffs, cheesy spaghetti, fruit trays, cookies (6 types), dinner rolls, the list goes on and on....and on....Oh how I wanted to join, My desk is right near the staff room and the delicious smells kept wafting in my direction...calling my name.."Layce, you know you want a nibble, a nibble won't hurt"....Seriously! I am sure I heard that !!! lol

I seriously considered just seeing what was there to be had, It wouldn't hurt right? Well, your right, it wouldn't hurt but it defiantly wouldn't help. Today was hard. There is no denying that! But I resisted! I held back. I did not eat one thing that was not pre-planned, and pre-packed in my lunch kit! I read through my 'bible' (my current program that I am working on with my Trainer, TC)-  this helped me focus. I emailed my Mum and told her about the potluck, and she came back with "I call you the Iron Lady, not just because you lift, but because you have determination!". I texted TC and she encouraged me not to partake as "victory tastes sweeter". I thought about how good the food that I brought was, prob tasted 100x better as I love to cook (no bias here lol) and majority of the items were store bought. I thought about how ASS-TASTIC I am going to look in that bikini this summer. And as I did these things I watched as all my colleagues made 1 trip, 2 trips, 3, 4 ,5 trips back for more. And I realised that I didn't envy them. At all. I work a desk job and there is no physical activity involved whatsoever. I am not changing positions anytime soon and I do NOT want to be at risk for diseases that I could have prevented if I took better care of myself. I love my co-workers. They are the reason that I go back to work everyday as the job itself isn't. But do I envy their lifestyle choices. No.

I'v changed and I no longer want to participate. Its a decision I believe in fully as I know me better than anyone, if I start with one cookie, one chip, one any delicious re-fined carb, there is no stopping!! None!! I will plough through anything and everything! I have the old pics to prove it! And I have worked hard to get to where I am physically and mentally and I am working harder to get in even better shape.

Today started off sour but you know what, it ended great! TC was right, Victory is even sweeter.

And I think I deserve a reward...well everyday I make it through my program I think I deserve a reward :) so here is the recipe for my delicious yummy Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Brownies -

1 scoop chocolate protein powder - (I have also used cookies and cream!!)
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 c warm water
1 tbls all natural no additives peanut butter



take the first two ingredients and mix them together




then add the water and mix, it should be like a thick pudding. (also tastes delicious eating it like this with out cooking it)




depending on your microwave (wattage) you are going to put it in until the edges are cooked but the middle is gooey delicious. You really have to watch the first few times you make this. With my microwave it takes 12 seconds, at my boyfriends its 30s! If you overcook it, it gets dry and not so tasty :(





Once its cooked pull it out, put the all natural peanut butter on top and mix, eat, enjoy!!!




This recipe also can be halved (as I have to do to fit my macro's currently), just be sure to watch the cooking time!!!

Till next time, remember......bigger snacks make for bigger slacks!

1 comment:

  1. It is SO awesome when clients text me instead of giving in <3

    I gotta try your version of the protien brownie ! yummmy! Way to go with being creative ;)

    ReplyDelete