Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rest Days

ahhh...rest days! So important...could kinda get used to this having 2 a
week. With my old planning I used to only have one off a week, never
planned, just when I couldn't make it to the gym. Having a rest days
isn't affecting me as much as I thought it would, its very true that
your body needs them!! I feel re-energised and wanting to go to the gym
when my next work out comes, rather then slow, sluggish and barely
making it through my workouts or feeling forced (by myself) to be there.
 
I just wish rest days included not running around for other people, my
boyfriend seems to always know when I have free time and finds things
for me to do, which this morning included running all over town to
exchange a battery for him for a drill he bought recently. He works
outside of the city and couldn't do it, I don't really mind, I just wish
that I could have slept in. Well who am I kidding, my body has become so
used to waking up for the gym that I never get a wink past 5:45am...no
matter how late I go to bed. 
Yupp, that's right, I am one of those crazy people that is first in the
gym every morning. I find for myself that I have to do my workouts
before 'life' gets in the way. I have tried to go after work but because
I work til either 5 or 6 pm Monday through Friday, I have absolutely no
energy or drive to go, no matter how good my intentions are! I have
really become a morning person, enjoying my breakfast, getting up early
enough so that I won't be rushed, and I know really enjoy going to bed
early, usually around 10 as I can't keep my eyes open much longer than
that anyway. 
I find the atmosphere of the gym quite different in the mornings
compared to the evenings as well. There are the regulars, the ones that
always look forward to seeing you, saying hi, getting in, working out
and getting out. People that are actually there because they want to be.
In the evenings there are people like this as well but a much smaller
group. I find that at my gym, a lot of people that go are there for the
socializing aspect, taking up space on the machines and not really
coming in for a dedicated work out. Mind you, this may be different at
your gym and props to those people that get in there to actually work
out after work, I just can't do it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment